International Education Framework
The International Education Framework recognizes the importance of international education to Alberta’s future economic and social success. It provides a roadmap to ensure international education activities are strategic, integrated and effective, mutually beneficial, high-quality, sustainable, and support Government of Alberta priorities and objectives.
Developed and released in 2009, the framework's purpose is to encourage a coordinated and strategic approach to international education activities in support of Alberta's Adult Learning System and Alberta Innovates. Priority directions outlined in the framework were developed to support the following outcomes:
- Development of Alberta's knowledge-driven future
- Development of global strategic alliances
- Ensuring Alberta is well-recognized as a leader in learning, research and innovation
- Development of sustainable opportunities
- Ensuring global awareness, leadership and entrepreneurial capacity