Comprehensive Community Institutions
Alberta has 11 Comprehensive Community Institutions:
|Institution Name||Primary Geographic Service Area|
|Bow Valley College||Calgary and region|
|Grande Prairie Regional College||Northwestern Alberta|
|Keyano College||Northeastern Alberta|
|Lakeland College||East Central Alberta|
|Lethbridge College||Southwestern Alberta|
|Medicine Hat College||Southeastern Alberta|
|NorQuest College||Edmonton and region|
|Northern Lakes College||North Central Alberta|
|Olds College||West Central Alberta|
|Portage College||East Central Alberta|
|Red Deer College||Central Alberta|
Each Comprehensive Community Institution is responsible for stewardship of adult learning opportunities within their defined region of Alberta.
Role within Campus Alberta
Academic Programs Definitions
These institutions provide a broad range of programs that prepare learners for employment or for further study.
- Academic Upgrading
- Applied Degree
- Bachelor's Degree (in collaboration with a degree-granting institution)
- Bachelor's Degree with Applied Focus
- Journeyman Certificate (using Apprenticeship and Industry Training certification standards)
- Post-Diploma Certificate
- Graduate Certificate
Visit EDinfo for a list of current programs offered at each institution.
- Applied research and scholarly activity to enhance their instructional mandate.
- Learners interested in preparatory, career, and academic programming.
- Institution Contact Info
- Institutional Mandates
- Accountability Reports
- Admission Requirements
- Application Deadlines