Do you want to explore a career path that leads to running your own business?
Advanced Education presents the Youth Technopreneurship Program: a partnership between
- Advanced Education
- post-secondary institutions
- community organizations
that offers business plan contests for promising young entrepreneurs working on Alberta’s next greatest technology product idea.
This contest gives aspiring entrepreneurs an opportunity to
- apply knowledge gained through high school and post-secondary business courses
- explore their future as someone who will run their own business
Contest winners are provided with
- hands-on, practical business planning experience
- start-up money
- office space
- access to mentors and business advice
The Youth Technopreneurship Program is part of Alberta’s Action Plan: Bringing Technology to Market, a strategy to assist Alberta entrepreneurs in getting more of their ideas off the research bench and into consumer’s hands. This action plan includes a wide range of programs and initiatives that help to create a supportive environment for companies to grow and become successful in world markets.