Legislation governs how the department operates and the programs and services it delivers.
The Acts and Regulations for which the Minister is responsible are as follows:
- Access to the Future Act
- Apprenticeship and Industry Training Act
- Post-secondary Learning Act (PSLA)
- Private Vocational Training Act
- Advanced Education Grants Regulation
- Student Financial Assistance Act
- Student Financial Assistance Regulation
Learn more about student financial assistance.
The Act establishes the Heritage Scholarship Fund and provides for various scholarships to be awarded from the fund. The Regulation sets out the types of scholarships available, eligibility criteria and amounts of awards.
- Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Recognition Act
- Queen Elizabeth II Award and Scholarship Regulation s. 5(c)
Advanced Education and Technology awards scholarships under the Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Recognition Act. The Minister of Culture and Community Spirit is responsible for this Act and Regulation.
Parts of the Income and Employment Supports Act as set out in the Designation and Transfer of Responsibility Regulation.
The information contained in this section has no legislative sanction and has been made available solely for the convenience of research. The official Statutes and Regulations must be consulted for all purposes of interpreting and applying the law.